Buying a mattress is an expensive investment, and therefore, buying something to safeguard your mattress is a worthy investment. Some of the reasons why you need a waterproof mattress cover are:
- To safeguard your warranty. Accidents around the house are common, and you may end up spilling your bed with wine or other fluids. Regardless of where you bought your mattress from, if it is ripped, soiled, or stained, the warranty becomes null and void. The reason why mattress manufacturers are so strict about the stains is their workers’ overall safety and health concerns. Bearing in mind that there are tonnes of diseases transmitted through body fluids, these companies do not accept stained mattresses for replacement or service, regardless of what caused the stain.
- Protecting your mattress from the daily wear and tear, dust, and allergens will improve your mattress’s overall life.
- Mattress covers also help in maintaining a consistent temperature in the bed. This will significantly improve your quality of sleep and reduce a lot of turning and tossing. Properly designed mattress covers improve the overall comfort of the bed.
- Waterproof mattress covers repel liquids and can be washed separately. This helps maintain your mattress in a state of newness even when an accidental spill happens, you just wash the cover, and you won’t see any evidence of the spill after that.
There are a variety of mattress covers available in the market today. Getting the best can be a hustle. However, we have a few points to consider in making your purchase.
- Comfort- mattress covers made with thick, layered fabrics are excellent at adding comfort and cushion to your mattress. The knitting style used is also an essential factor as it determines how comfortable your mattress will be. Some knits keep you warmer, but if you prefer a cold sleeping climate, then opting for a cooling mattress cover will be more appropriate.
- Breathability- if you prefer a serene sleeping environment, then choosing a mattress cover that will allow your mattress to breathe and air to flow through will be appropriate. This will prevent heat from being trapped and provide you with a calm environment that allows more refreshing night sleeps.
- Washability- the main aim of having mattress covers is to protect spills and stains from getting to the mattress. Having a mattress cover that can be easily removed and washed will keep your bed fresh, sanitized, and without unpleasant smells. Purchasing a mattress cover that is machine washable will make your work easier in cleaning it, and also, be sure to follow the guidelines when cleaning.
- Warranty, when purchasing a mattress cover, ensuring that a reliable manufacturer’s warranty backs your potential purchase is an ideal way to evaluate a purchase. Going for a product with at least a ten-year warranty covering defects in performance due to manufacturing defects would be ideal. After making a purchase, it is essential to ensure that you have carefully read the warranty and do not forget to register it on the manufacturer’s website. Following the care, instructions are also a necessary precaution, and this, together with a good warranty, will ensure that your mattress cover lasts for years.
With that being said, now we can go into the market and check out the eight best waterproof mattress covers with zippers.
1. Premium Zippered Waterproof Mattress Encasement by Utopia Bedding
- This waterproof mattress cover is made of polyester fabric. Some of the advantages of polyester are, they are easy to machine wash and dry clean. Polyester also has an excellent memory; therefore, it retains its shape. The hypoallergenic nature of polyester is especially an attractive characteristic. It does not promote the growth of bacteria.
- This mattress cover fits twin sized mattresses perfectly. If you have a mattress with the 39 by 75 inches dimension, it will fit well, and if you intend to use it for a 13-inch deep mattress, this mattress cover has deep fitted pockets to help you in making adjustments.
- This knit polyester cover is soft and breathable, allowing air to flow through your mattress, which is essential in eliminating the bad odor. This mattress cover has a high-quality backing of PVC TPU on all its six sides of the cover, and this makes it waterproof and blocks any liquids from entering the mattress.
- This mattress cover is stretchable and secured all around by a mini zipper with a zip guard that wraps the mattress completely. This ensures that the mattress is protected from bedbugs, dust, and any other obstruction to your sound sleep.
- This mattress cover is made of a fabric that meets the environmental standards. It is OEKO-TEX certified to ensure this safety standard.
- This mattress cover is easy to clean and maintain. You can hand wash or machine wash it. You can use cold or warm water with a mild detergent if it is necessary. Ironing, bleaching, or dry cleaning this mattress cover is not encouraged as it may damage the waterproof backing.
2. Waterproof Zippered Encasement by Red Nomad
- The luxury of having a comfortable mattress is everything. All you want to do is to protect it from any stain or probable damage. However, this process is not without barriers. If your young one wants to snuggle with you in your bed or if your husband enjoys drinking while chilling on your bed, you could feel a little bit insecure about the safety of your mattress. With Red Nomad Waterproof zippered encasement, you don’t need to fret.
- This mattress cover offers robust protection. This cover is six-sided to ensure that any spills do not get to any side of your mattress.
- In addition to the waterproof membrane of this mattress cover, it is designed to reduce allergens and prevent any bed bugs or mites when you sleep. This adds to comfort and security, and you do not have to worry about a thing in your sleeping.
- Breathability, this waterproof mattress cover is designed to allow air circulation, and therefore, your cool is maintained through the night. This cover is made of soft polyester knit and can fit in any standard mattress.
- This waterproof mattress cover has been designed in a way that eliminates any noise and crinkling. Their soundless design is thin enough to eliminate any discomfort in your mattress. This design is a package of peace of mind and peaceful sleep all in one place.
- Your security matters. We know there are times when those online ratings won’t convince us enough of the quality, right? The red nomad waterproof mattress cover with zipper comes with a full five years manufacturer’s replacement warranty.
3. SureGuard Mattress Encasement by SureGuard Mattress Protectors
- The SureGuard mattress encasement is made of cotton. Cotton, as a natural product, has many advantages when used to manufacture clothes. Just to highlight a few of them, it controls moisture, offers insulation, and is considered hypoallergenic. Not forgetting that cotton is durable.
- This mattress cover is 100% waterproof; this keeps off all the worry of spilled drinks, possible potty training accidents or pet lovers, a pet running over your mattress. This cover offers six-sided protection from liquid spills and stains, thus prolonging the life of your mattress.
- The top surface is soft and 100% cotton, it naturally absorbs liquid and any moisture. This helps in regulating the temperature of your sleep surface. This is a helpful attribute, especially for people who sweat at night.
- The material is breathable. It blocks liquids and allows both your body heat and air to circulate freely, therefore keeping your mattress clean and dry.
- This mattress cover is bed bug proof. Bed bugs are notorious at hiding under your mattress, where they multiply in huge numbers and make a feast off your blood while you sleep. They make sleeping difficult, and they could end up leaving permanent marks on your skin. Sureguard mattress cover has an advanced membrane that hinders the bed bugs from entering your mattress. The cover is bite-proof, thus making it hard for the bugs to escape an infested mattress; therefore, it becomes easy for you to disinfect the infested mattress and keep the bugs off your home. The bugs are also kept outside your mattress by the exquisite zipper, which has sureSeal technology.
- The sureGuard mattress encasement is hypoallergenic. It blocks dust mites, molds, allergens, bacteria, and mildews from entering your bed. The cover is thin; therefore, it reduces your nighttime allergies without changing your mattress’s feel.
- This mattress cover has high compatibility with just about any mattress. From pillow top to latex, inflatable beds, sleeper sofas, memory foam, and foldable and portable mattresses, this cover works perfectly. Provided your mattress can be removed from the bed frame and is not connected to any hose or hose attachment, this cover will work for you.
- Let’s talk about a noiseless cover for a minute. The last thing you want is a mattress cover that keeps you awake when you are trying to sleep. This Sureguard mattress encasement is quiet and soft, thus allowing you to enjoy your peaceful sleep.
- It is easy to wash and dry. It can be washed after every spill accident or just regularly to keep the freshness going. The manufacturer recommends washing it every two months or after a spill accident for general protection. In a case of allergy prevention, washing it every month or when the allergy flares up will be helpful. Lastly, for bedbug protection, you can keep it for at least a year to ensure that you starve all the bugs to death.
- The manufacturer also encourages buyers to wash and dry the cover before first use to open up the cotton terry loops and maximize its softness and absorbency.
- For this cover, you are required to wash it separately in a machine in lukewarm water and a mild detergent, bleaching should be avoided altogether. With the drying, you are required to tumble dry this cover with low or no heat, and for allergic people, line drying it on direct sunlight to kill any allergens left in the cover in the previous wash would be ideal.
- You should unzip the cover when washing and drying with the material side facing out. This cover should not be ironed or dry cleaned.
- Installation for this mattress cover is easy and straightforward.
- This mattress cover comes in eight sizes and four depth options, therefore, it is easy to get your perfect fit. It has 28*52” (1 depth) for the crib, 39*75 (4 depths) for twin, twin XL- 39*80 (4 depth), full- 54*75” (4 depth), full XL- 54*80”(2 depth), queen- 60*80”(4 depth), king-78*80”(4 depth) cal king- 72*84”(3 depth)
- This mattress cover comes with a ten-year warranty, and that is enough reason to buy it, already!
4. Cotton Mattress cover with zipper by ENITYA
- This product is 100% cotton on the surface and soft polyester on the side and bottom. This makes it comfortable to sleep and create a pleasant sleeping environment for both you and your family members.
- This waterproof mattress cover perfectly fits the twin XL size mattress cover of the dimensions 39*80″. It has 12 inches deep pockets in case you need adjusting.
- This mattress encasement utilizes premium quality waterproof TPU material that repels liquids and moisture and keeps the mattress clean. The material is also environmentally friendly.
- It has an upgraded zipper that is invisible. The zipper has a touch of a close fastener, which improves the mattress’s overall security by preventing any accidental openings. The invisible micro zipper is flat, and it prevents all sizes of dirt from passing through the teeth of the zipper.
- This mattress cover is OEKO-TEX certified. This ensures that the fabric meets safety and environmental standards.
- It is easy to clean. It can be machine washed, using your regular household detergents. Avoid any detergents that contain bleaching agents as they will damage the waterproof backing.
- This mattress cover should be tumble dried on low heat and should not be ironed.
- This mattress cover comes with a ten-year warranty.
5. Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement by PlushDeluxe
- First things first, you do not have to worry when purchasing this waterproof mattress cover because it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Its purchase comes with a ten-year full product replacement warranty. Thus, you can simply return it for a full refund.
- This mattress cover has a soft cotton terry surface, which makes it comfortable.
- This cover guarantees you 100% waterproof protection on all the six sides, thus ensuring the safety and the long life of your mattress.
- PlushDeluxe mattress cover is hypoallergenic. It protects you from dust mites, allergens, bacteria, and it allows proper circulation of air. It is a good option for people suffering from asthma or eczema.
- This cover has an exquisite invisible zipper that has a secure velcro flap. This ensures that your mattress is protected from bed bug penetration on all the six sides.
- This mattress cover is easy to clean and maintain as you can machine wash it and low tumble dries it.
- Are you afraid that maybe purchasing a mattress cover will tamper with the comfort of your mattress? You do not have to worry while purchasing the PlushDeluxe waterproof mattress cover. It is soft and noiseless; therefore, it will maintain the initial comfort in your mattress.
6. Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof King Mattress Protector by Medellin Collection
- These mattress protectors come in six different sizes to ensure that you get the right fit for your bed. These sizes are; twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and Cali king.
- This mattress cover is 100% waterproof yet breathable. It allows air circulation, thus ensuring continued freshness in your bed and waterproof to keep your mattress stain-free. The air circulation also helps in preventing the building up of heat during sleep.
- This mattress cover is noiseless, a factor I consider premium when it comes to purchasing bedding. I am sure you do not want something that keeps you up after a long day of work, all in the name of a mattress cover. Thankfully, the Medellin collection put this at the back of their mind when designing this cover.
- Medellin mattress cover offers complete protection against allergens, dust mites, urine, and fluids. It is made with premium hypoallergenic polyester terry surfaces.
- This mattress cover is made with safe materials. It is free of vinyl, phthalates and PVC, and other fire retardant treatments.
- This mattress cover is designed in a way that it can fit in up to 18″ deep mattresses.
7. King Size Waterproof Mattress Protector by SafeRest
- SafeRest has you well taken care of, with your kids running around the bedroom or with a pet that once in a while will pee anywhere, this premium mattress cover is the best for you.
- SafeRest uses a hypoallergenic soft cotton terry surface. This has a few benefits, including a constant feeling of your mattress, you do not have to worry about the initial comfort of your mattress going away, and your sleep experience will be as it was before you put on the mattress cover.
- Also, the cotton terry surface is smooth and noiseless. It naturally absorbs fluids, and it allows air and heat to circulate freely, thus maintaining the freshness of your bed.
- The surface is impermeable to fluids, allergens, bacteria, and dust mites, and therefore it is suitable for people suffering from allergies and other breathing diseases such as asthma.
- This mattress cover is Vinyl, PVC, and phthalates free, with a waterproof membrane that prevents the fluids from getting to your mattress while allowing air to circulate freely in your mattress.
- This mattress cover, like others on our list, is easy to clean and maintain. It is machine washable, using normal household detergents that do not contain any bleaching agents. You can tumble dry it on low heat, and you shouldn’t iron or dry clean it.
8. Sleep Defense System-Zippered Mattress encasement by Hospitology Products.
- This USA made mattress cover is a good shield for your mattress against spills, allergens, and bed bugs. Pest infestation in homes and apartments is a significant thing today, and one of the modern ways to shield yourself is by investing in this mattress cover.
- This encasement is designed for a mattress with a height of 12-18″. It is zipped fully on three sides, and it has an allergy blocker, which is a premium feature that prevents any allergens from getting in through the zippers.
- The polyester knit ensures that heat is not trapped in the waterproof membrane while you are sleeping, thus enhancing your utmost comfort.
- This one is suitable for people with asthma and other respiratory problems.
- This waterproof mattress cover is machine washable and should be tumble dried on low to no heat.
- This encasement is designed only to handle small amounts of liquids that are immediately addressed. When the spill involves large amounts of liquid or is allowed to sit on the cover for a few hours, it may get to the mattress in the form of liquid vapor. Also, if a liquid has a strong smell, the smell may be transferred to your mattress.
A waterproof mattress cover with zippers is a worthwhile investment that everybody should consider having. Ladies, remember the worry you have when it is around that time of the month, and you fear to mess your bedsheets and even worse your mattress? All that worry can be exchanged with a few dollars at amazon for a waterproof mattress cover. Also, if you are the type who likes to sleep in on weekends and holidays and enjoy your favorite meal from the bed, but you are often stopped by the need to safeguard your mattress warranty, again, there is hope for you. Your comfort cannot be exchanged for anything, and that’s why a mattress cover is a perfect option for you. Also, let’s turn to the neat freaks that love having their spaces clean and fresh; you can achieve that freshness by buying a waterproof mattress cover. This is because you can remove it regularly and wash it. In a nutshell, a waterproof mattress cover with a zipper is for anyone.