Whether you just moved out of your parents’ house or you’re looking into upgrading your kitchen, purchasing a stainless steel microwave will bring a lot of convenience to your kitchen. In the recent past, people have been opting for stainless steel kitchen appliances. Stainless steel has a brilliant brushed chrome appearance and a degree of strength that makes it perfect for kitchen appliances. It is not a naturally occurring metal; instead, it combines multiple metals to create an alloy. This combination makes it a robust and durable metal, a perfect reason why you should go for a stainless steel microwave.
While in most homes, the microwave is used to heat leftovers, there is more to it than that. There are a couple of reasons why you should acquire a microwave.
1. For reheating food- this is one of the reasons and the commonly known ones. Reheating food using a microwave is very useful as it does not affect the nutritional component of the food, and also, it does not make the food soggy. They are perfect for reheating any kind of food.
2. Disinfecting kitchen items- most people do not know that they can use their microwaves in this way. Items such as plastic cutting boards and sponges only need to be soaked in some lemon juice and then heat them in the microwave for a minute or so. This will disinfect your kitchen items as well as give them a pleasant, fresh smell.
3. Cooking- most people use their traditional stoves or cooktops for cooking, but in the real sense, you can use your microwave for cooking a variety of food, thanks to its versatility. You can bake, roast, grill, blanch, boil, and steam foods without needing different kitchen appliances for each role.
4. Making citrus fruit juicer. Have you ever tried making some juice from a lemon or an orange that is fresh from the fridge? How complicated was the process? To eliminate that hustle of squeezing the next time you want to make some juice, preheat the lemon or orange for a minute or so in the oven and see how easy the whole squeezing ordeal can be. This will also make you get more juice from the citrus.
5. Heating beauty products- there are a couple of different beauty products that feel good on our skin when we preheat them. Using a microwave to heat these beauty products is easy and less messy. Heating things like facial masks, gel packs, and hot oil conditioning is easier and safer with a microwave.
6. Roasting garlic! This is a classic use for the foodies. Roasting garlic traditionally can take up to 45 minutes, well, with a microwave, you only need eight minutes to get the magic done. All you have to do is season your garlic bulb, cover it with a plastic wrap and that’s it.
7. De-crystallizing honey, honey solidifying is a common occurrence and a stressful one in that case. Well, you don’t have to fret anymore if you have your honey solidified because de-crystallizing it with a microwave is as easy as opening the honey jar and placing it in the oven for about a minute or so and you have your honey ready to use.
8. Proofing yeast- usually, the process takes up to an hour, and you may not get as much bulk of the dough as you will while using a microwave for the process. It will take you about fifteen minutes to get your proofing done. All you need to do is set your microwave for three minutes and take out the dough, allowing it to stand for three minutes. Then take it back for an extra three minutes and then allow it to rest for about six minutes. This process doubles the bulk of your dough. Having looked at the multiple functions of a microwave, now we can narrow down to a stainless steel one and see the advantages and the disadvantages of having a stainless steel microwave.
- Stainless steel gives your kitchen appliances a beautiful and elegant style that is not found in other metals and materials.
- Stainless steel is resistant to both rust and water damage.
- Stainless steel raises the overall selling value of your home. If you have stainless steel fittings and fixtures in your home, selling your home becomes easy, and you get a higher value from it.
- Stainless steel is a strong alloy of metal and can withstand numerous years of use without showing any signs of damage or significant depreciation.
- Stainless steel made appliances have become a common practice among manufacturers and, therefore, it makes appliances easily accessible and available for purchase.
- They are easy to clean, and thus, maintaining their original shine is not a big hustle.
- They are a little bit more expensive than other kitchen appliances that are made of a different metal.
- They show a minor amount of dirt, fingerprints, and smudges. This could be a big deal, especially for people with children.
- Some stainless steel appliances are not magnetic; this is just but a minor problem, especially for people who go for a non-magnetic fridge as they may not be able to place magnets on the door.
- Even with the few disadvantages of a stainless steel appliance, we see that the advantages far outway the downside. To help you make your first microwave purchase, today, we are going to head over to the market and see some of the best stainless steel microwaves.
1. EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor by Toshiba
- This microwave has a smart sensor with six different auto menus. These sensors help take the guesswork out of your cooking, as they automatically detect the humidity level of your food during cooking and make the necessary time and temperature adjustments to ensure that you get the optimum results. This function is helpful for heating some popular foods like pizza, potatoes, etc.
- This unit has a soften/ melt function. This function is especially helpful for foods such as chocolate, butter, etc. the seven different auto menus with different weights indicated help spare you any guesswork.
- The unit has a custom defrost function, all you have to do is choose the custom to defrost on the menu and input the weight of your food, then the microwave does the rest of the work. Alternatively, you can defrost a 1lb item, and the microwave does any other temperature or time adjustment.
- This microwave is easy to clean, thanks to its hard-wearing material. It is scratch and stain-resistant, and it only requires a few wipes with a damp cloth to make it clean.
- The unit has an energy-saving eco mode that minimizes 50% standby power by turning on the eco mode. This saves energy and the overall operation cost as well as protect our planet, a mission we all want to invest in.
- The unit has 1100 watts and ten different power settings, a clock, and a kitchen timer. These all combined make the operation of the unit easy and straightforward.
- The unit has a large digital display and an easy to read panel that enhances the overall efficiency of using this microwave.
- The unit has an option on and off sound, that can work well for people who do many other tasks alongside cooking as you will get notified when your microwave is done doing its thing.
- The unit has an open capacity of 1.2 cubic feet, and, a turntable diameter of 12.4.”
- The external dimensions are 20.5” (width), 17.1”(depth) and 12.8” (height). The interior of this microwave measures 13.07(width) 15” (depth) and 9.5 (height).
2. 1.1 Cu.Ft. Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven by Farberware
- This unit has a one-touch cooking program, which allows you to cook or reheat your favorite food with the touch of a button. Whether you are warming your pizza, potato, popcorn, frozen vegetables, you only need to touch a button and get your work done.
- This microwave has a weight and time defrost feature, which makes it convenient and fast.
- The safety lock feature is an essential feature, especially for people with kids or if you want to eliminate any unsupervised use. This helps eliminate any probable accidents.
- This microwave is spacious and has a modern design. It brings power, convenience, class, and style to your kitchen, thanks to the one cubic foot of cooking capacity, ten different power levels, a stainless steel exterior, and interior.
- This microwave has six cooking programs. The auto cooking programs help you avoid guesswork and provides you with accurate and convenient control of the unit.
- This microwave has a digital clock and an easy to read LED display lights that highlight any setting that you input thus making it easy for you to see even from a distance.
- This microwave has a large glass turntable that measures 12.5 inches. It allows for even cooking and is removable to make the cleaning and maintenance easy.
3. EM720CB7 Digital Microwave oven with turntable push-button door by Black+ Decker
- This microwave features ten different power settings, allowing you to input the heat level you want depending on what you are cooking or heating. It has a power level of up to 700watts.
- It has pre-programmed buttons for making popcorns, pizza, beverage, dinner plate, frozen vegetables, etc.
- This unit has a removable glass turntable, thus, making it easy to clean and maintain. The interior is spacious, to make all your cooking needs to run smoothly.
- This microwave has a large LED digital display with a clock function. It can also display a countdown timer and the remaining cook time, making your cooking optimum and eliminating any guesswork.
- Opening the microwave is as easy as pressing the push button.
- The child safety lock on this unit makes it safe for use in homes that have little children, and the interior light makes the microwave stylish and classy, and also, it helps you see the cooking progress.
- The exterior dimensions of this microwave are a width of 17.3”, a depth of 13.0” and a height of 10.2”. The interior measures a width of 12.05” a depth of 11.97” and a height of 8.11”.
- This microwave meets all the required standards, and it is UL approved. In case you are still skeptical about the purchase, the unit comes with a one-year limited warranty.
4. MS14K6000AS 1.4 CU.ft Countertop Microwave Oven with Sensor and Ceramic Enamel interior by Samsung
- This microwave is a great addition to every kitchen. It has a large, 1.4 cubic feet capacity, making all your cooking and heating needs possible.
- This unit has a ceramic enamel interior that is scratch-resistant and easy to clean. The ceramic enamel interior is durable and easy to clean and maintain. Removing grease and oil that spills during cooking has never been easier. Also, your removal and daily use won’t cause any scratching.
- This microwave features sensor cook. You don’t have to worry about the math and the heating algorithm. Whether you are heating some soup or your leftover pasta, this microwave will do all the necessary calculations for you and give you optimally heated food every time.
- This microwave has a triple distribution system that allows you to cook food thoroughly and evenly, ensuring the best results.
- This unit has a LED display that adds to its style and design, as well as displays your settings in large visible texts to enhance your convenience.
- This microwave has an ECO mode that conserves energy by turning off the display when it is not functioning. Traditional microwaves use power even when at rest to maintain essential functions. On the contrary, this new microwave uses the ECO mode, which is more convenient than unplugging the microwave when you are not using it.
- This Samsung countertop microwave comes with a variety of cooking presets. These preset help you cook conveniently without the hustle of doing the math and get optimal results.
5. Microwave Oven NN-SD372S Stainless Steel Countertop by Panasonic
- This microwave is hands-down, the best addition to your kitchen. It is modern and stylish, adding a sense of class to your kitchen while efficiently meeting your cooking and reheating needs.
- Panasonic has invested in inverter technology, which helps generate a steady stream of power at any temperature settings. This ability ensures that your food cooks evenly with a short period. Your edges to the center will cook evenly regardless of the cooking technique you opt for.
- The inverter technology also allows delicate foods to cook and simmer without overcooking. The color, nutritional value, and the texture of food are maintained, making it delicious.
- This unit has a compact design but a large interior capacity, thanks to the inverter technology in use. It has a 0.8 cubic feet capacity. The turntable measures11 ¼ inches making it perfect for heating snacks, appetizers, breakfast foods, etc.
- The intelligent, intuitive controls give the microwave a high-end look. This unit has a sleek, touch-button control panel with a pop-out programmable dial and four digital display. All these features make the microwave classy and add to its aesthetic, thus enhancing the design.
- This microwave features an advanced inverter turbo, which uses a microwave sequencing system based on the continuous power delivery level. This makes the defrosting process easy and fast.
- This unit offers modern convenience for a range of food preparation. The single minute timer allows you to set cooking and reheating times in a single minute interval. It has a delay start feature.
- The child lock on this microwave is an essential safety feature, especially for homes with young children.
6. EM720CPL-PMB countertop microwave oven with sound on/off by COMFEE
- Buying a kitchen appliance from a trusted brand is such a stress reliever. COMFEE’ is trusted for manufacturing quality kitchen appliances, and still, it hasn’t gone wrong with this microwave.
- The unit is stylish, with a stainless steel finish. It has a compact size, making it excellent at saving you some countertop space and has a 0.7 cubic-foot capacity. It has up to 700 watts and eleven different power levels.
- The unit has thoughtful, user-friendly features such as a sound mute function, which helps eliminate all the distractive beeps that may be annoying.
- The child safety lock is a premium feature in this unit as it helps avoid accidents with your young ones at home.
- The unit has accessible auto-cook functions, which makes it easy to prepare things like popcorn, potato, pizza, veggies, and beverages.
- The unit features a one-touch express cooking function with one to six minutes and a plus thirty seconds functionality. The defrosting function can be set either by weight or by time.
- This microwave has an energy-saving ECO mode that helps save up to 50% standby power.
- The control panel is easy to read and has an interior light that enhances visibility. The unit has a 12.4 inches glass turntable that further expands the capacity of the microwave.
- For guaranteed purchases, this unit comes with a year-long warranty.
7. CMW-100 1-Cubic-foot Stainless Steel Microwave Oven by Cuisinart
- This oven is unique and has features such stainless steel interiors, and twenty-five pre-programmed settings, thus setting it on a class of its own.
- The nonporous stainless steel is perfect as it does not absorb moisture, food particles, and orders.
- The pre-programmed one-touch control enhances optimum results regardless of what one is cooking.
- The two-stage cooking option is a superpower with this oven. It allows you to set the first stage of operations, for example, a couple of minutes fr defrosting, followed by a second stage such as a few minutes for cooking. The power levels can also be set at two different levels, such as 80% power for the first few minutes and 60% power for the last minutes.
- The unit has two different convenient defrost options to defrost food by either weight or time.
- If you want to cook instantly at 100% power level, you can do so by selecting any button from one to six at the push button.
- For every well-cooked meal, you can customize each pre-programmed function to fit your preferred cook time, because this microwave has a memory function.
- It has a child-lock, which ensures that the microwave is not tampered with while still in operation, thus eliminating any accident occurrence.
8. CHM770SS Countertop Microwave with Stainless Steel Trim by Commercial Chef
- This unit is stylish and eye-catching. Besides its premium functionality, it doubles up as a statement piece for your home. This unit will match perfectly with every other stainless steel item that you have in your kitchen. It provides all the functionalities of larger microwaves, but its compact design help in saving up space.
- This microwave eliminates the need to guess cook times because of its presetting. Whether you want fresh popcorns, pizza, or baked potatoes, this microwave gives you precisely that.
- Control is fast and straightforward. At the touch of a button, you get a quick cook menu. The preset options prepare the everyday food and, thus, eliminates guess times or the work to calculate the required cook time.
- This microwave is low maintenance and therefore perfect for students living in dorms, people living in apartments or studios. It is perfect for preparing small items. It has an interior capacity of 0.7 cubic feet and a glass turntable of 9.5 inches in diameter.
- This microwave is designed in a way that enhances your ultimate safety. The keypad control on it gives you a way to enter precise cook times. The LED display is visible and thus allows you to see how much cook time is left. The child lock enhances safety and prevents accidents by ensuring the microwave is not used without supervision.
- This microwave eliminates any worry at times when you forget to remove frozen foods earlier. You can defrost either by weight or by speed. Alternating between defrosting and stand times helps to quickly and effectively defrost food.
Final thoughts on Best Microwaves with Stainless steel
A microwave with stainless steel will save you both time and energy. The time you would have used if you opted to use the traditional stove for cooking or warming food. Also, cleaning and maintaining microwaves with stainless steel is easy.