Compared to the old-fashioned rocking chairs, gliders are more comfortable. For a baby’s first year, you will need one more than you probably thought. There are numerous gliders in the market today, just like everything else, and it may be hard to make a choice on which one to go for. However, some things will act as a northern star to your glider purchase. Here is a list of them.
- Go for dark-colored cushions– this will help maintain the state of your rocking chair even after it has served for some time. There are some fabrics like natural beige that tend to appear stained and soiled from normal wear and tear. Also, going for a material that is easy to wash or machine washable is an advantage as you can always maintain the state of your rocking chair by regularly cleaning.
- A warranty– when purchasing almost every item, it is good that you consider the length and the conditions of the warranty. While purchasing gliders, it is necessary to find out if the bearings that help in running the gliding mechanism have a warranty. Usually, they have high wear and tear degree. Getting at least a ten-year warranty is the right length, although a lifetime warranty is the best.
- Springs under the seat– to ensure that you have enough support and shock absorbers in your glider chair, you have to ensure that the bottom of the seat is not confined to a piece of fabric that is glued to the frame. Usually, four springs are supporting the structure to the framework of the chair, check out for them during purchase.
- A lock– looking for a gliding chair that has both a lock and a base that conceals the gliding mechanism is a plus. The little fingers of your young one can get trapped in the gliding mechanism. The locking system helps in protecting your child’s fingers from being trapped in there if they are especially curious and attempts to play with the gliding part.
- A comfy seat– you don’t want to spend a fortune to buy something that won’t make you comfortable. One of the ways of ensuring that you get this comfort is by purchasing a seat that has a large seating area and also arms that will not restrict you.
With these crucial tips, now we can take a look at the market and see what the six best glider rocking chairs with ottoman are.
1.Upholstered Swivel Glider with Bonus Ottoman by DaVinci Olive
- This olive glider has been designed thoughtfully, with the mom and baby feeding needs in mind. Also, it provides moms with the comfort they need during breastfeeding.
- Soft and made of 100% polyester, it is durable, and it can glide either forward or backward. The chair can also swivel.
- Think of the many times you needed someplace to rest your feet on. This glider chair comes with a bonus ottoman that will provide that comfort to your feet.
- This gliding chair has a high back, to allow your head and neck support and utmost comfort.
- This gliding chair comes with a bonus lumbar pillow that offers lower back support.
- This unit is easy to set up as no assembly is required.
- This gliding chair is designed with your baby’s safety in mind. It meets all the CA TB117-2013 flammability requirements. Also, the upholstery is free of any chemical flame retardants.
- The metal base in this gliding chair allows for a full 360 degrees swivel motion. This allows maximum comfort, whether you are rocking your baby to sleep or you are feeding them.
- This product is available in different colors. You can choose according to your preference.
- This unit is GREENGUARD gold certified. It has been tested for over ten thousand chemicals. It improves the quality of air in your house, and it ensures that your baby’s sleeping and playing environment is healthier
2. Graco Parker Semi-Upholstered Glider and Nursing Ottoman by Stork Craft
- This glider rocking chair is designed for premium comfort of the mother and baby. It is a decorative piece to your nursery, thanks to its beautiful aesthetics.
- The ottoman is semi-upholstered, and this ensures maximum comfort for your feet.
- The plush arms, back of the glider, and the top surface of the ottoman are soft to ensure maximum comfort.
- The nursing stool can be folded away after use, this ensures storage safety, and also, it consumes lesser space when not in use.
- This product is designed using premium materials, thus ensuring its durability.
- Getting a gliding chair that can be cleaned easily is a worthy investment. Think of the possible times that you will have or have already had accident spillings while feeding your young ones. To ensure that your unit maintains its state and cleanliness, users must clean the chair. You can, therefore, keep your nursery looking fresh and comfortable for both you and your child.
- This chair offers smooth gliding; it has a classic bow back shape. The glide and the ottoman have enclosed metal ball bearings, which ensures smooth gliding motion, and makes it perfect for rocking the baby to sleep.
- Assembling this product is easy and straightforward; no special skills are required to do so.
- The chair comes in different colors that you can choose from.
3. Tuscany Custom Glider and Ottoman with Free Lumbar Pillow by Stork Craft
Baby arrival means all-day snuggles. Finding a soft spot where you can comfortably nestle all day long, feed and bond with your child is a worthwhile investment, and that’s why Storkcraft has dedicated their inventions to mothers and their babies.
- The wood construction is sturdy and dependable. The cushions are soft and comfy. A plus for them is that they are wipeable. The chair comes with a matching pillow that adds to the lower back support.
- The bearings are metal made, and they allow for smooth rocking motion, and also, it helps you unwind.
- This unit has a side tucked cushion which can act as a storage for your baby’s books, magazines, and other essential supplies.
- This unit comes in six different wood finishes and four different fabric choices that do not wear and tear quickly.
- This unit has a generous sitting allowance, and the arms are padded and filled with polyester for maximum comfort.
- The cushions and the backseat are cleanable, which helps maintain this unit clean and fresh all year long.
- Assembling this unit is easy and straightforward. Also, it comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Also, this item qualifies for free replacement parts.
- When assembled, this glide has a length of 29 and a width of 28, a height of 41, and a weight of 45.5.
- The base material for this unit is solid hardwood, and the fabric is polyester; therefore, this unit is durable.
4. Windsor Glider and Ottoman by Angel Line
Let’s talk about aesthetics; this glider is beautiful and, therefore, would be a luxurious addition in your nursery.
- The cushions are removable, which makes it easy to spot clean and retain the overall look of the glider chair.
- The seating room on this one is generous, thus allowing you maximum comfort. The arms are padded and soft, also for convenience.
- If you do not have a lot of storage space in your nursery, you do not have to worry. This piece has storage pockets where you can store your baby’s supply. Also, this storage allows you convenience as you can have the things that you need often tucked in the pockets, to minimize your movements to the shelves and allow you maximum rest.
- The frames are made of solid wood, which makes this unit stable and ensures your overall safety.
- You should wash the fabric in this piece; it should be spot cleaned for better maintenance.
5. Baby Glider and ottoman cushion by Costzon
- This gliding chair is undeniable of premium quality. It is made up of soft microfiber fabric and solid beech wood. Beach wood is heavy duty and is also abrasion-resistant. This makes the product durable.
- The chair has a removable cushion that is a perfect factor, mainly because spill accidents are common with feeding young ones. The back and seat cushions can only be hand washed. This helps to keep your gliding chair clean and fresh all year long.
- The padded seat offers extra comfort to the users. The arm cushions have a pocket that helps store supplies such as baby magazines, tv remotes, and books.
- This glider has enclosed ball bearings for smooth gliding motion that allows you to relax and unwind.
- The back of the chair is not adjustable, and you should use the ottoman for resting your feet only, without sitting on it.
- This item weighs 40.2 pounds and has dimensions of 29 x 23.2 x 37.8 inches when assembled.
- Assembling this unit is easy and straightforward; it does not require special skills to do so.
- The seat has a set of flexible springs that run from front to back, and this makes it comfortable to sit on.
- The seat is 17 inches between the arms.
6. Toco Upholstered Swivel Glider and stationer ottoman by
- This seat qualifies for both a statement piece for your nursery and a practical comfortable space for you to rest at home.
- This gliding chair has a wingback design that is modern and conveys present trends.
- It has a smooth gliding and a 360-degree swivel, which makes it perfectly functional. This unit is a smart choice for both style and comfort. The ottoman is stationary, and it adds significantly to the support.
- This unit has your security verified as it has all the CA TB117-2013 flammability requirements met.
- This unit is constructed and upholstered by hand; all the upholstery is chemical free of flame retardants.
- The seat cushion has a width of 21 inches.
- Buying a gliding chair with ottoman can be an expensive investment. Some of the concerns that people have in making these purchases are where to take it after it has outgrown the nursery.
- Gliding chairs with ottoman will offer you the best time rocking your child to sleep while it is still at the nursery. After outgrowing the nursery, you don’t have to worry that you will be forced to dispose of your investment.
- Add the old gliding chair to your living room. Often, it easily blends with your sofa and your loveseat. This vital addition will offer you a beautiful place to be cozy, nap, and read.
- Add it to your guest room, when you have friends and family over at your house, they may require a place to sit and unwind after a whole day’s adventure or after the party. A glider rocking chair with ottoman may come in handy to provide this spot for them.
- Placing it in front of the fireplace. Imagine rocking in a cozy seat with the warmth of the fire all around you, what other thing do you need for prolonged heavenly naps?
- You can consider moving your glider chair to your bedroom. Outgrowing the nursery does not mean that you do not love it anymore. Keeping it in your bedroom will provide a safe and quiet pace for you to cozy up, unwind, read a book, or make a phone call.
- Do you love watching the sun rising in the morning and its rays sinking in the evening? Then moving your glider chair close to the window would work perfectly for you. This will allow you to catch the outside view from the comfort of your house and rocking chair.
- You can give the glider rocking chair to someone. You could be having a friend, a family member, or a neighbor that is pregnant and needs a glider rocking chair. It doesn’t hurt to gift them with yours; they will appreciate you saving them a couple of bucks.
- A glider rocking chair with ottoman can fit your needs, whether you have a baby or not. If you do not have a baby yet, you can buy this chair for comfort and weekend snuggles. Rocking while reading your favorite book or watching your favorite show on NetFlix will add some taste to your weekends that you spend alone in the house.